To do / suggestions
Stick any suggestions for the wiki here.
So far, this is what we're considering:
- Some kind of WYSIWYG editor for wiki markup to make it quicker to enter the results in tables.
--Mal mckee 18:51, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- I guess a to do list would be a great idea in order to help prioritize what needs doing next. Chris williamson 22:19, 25 May 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I was thinking that we should try to work on the 2011 and 2010 seasons, and all the relevant drivers and constructors, then do 2009... then start from 2000 and work our way up to meet 2009. This is so that the commentary team have some decent way of quickly looking up stats and facts for the recent seasons.
- In fact, we could do 2008 pretty quickly too, probably!
- Maybe we should each pick a year/league and concentrate on it so that we don't try editing the same page at the same time as someone else. Everyone else could then check facts, tidy, amend etc, after the bulk of the work on the page has been done. There seems to be three of us who have been .. shall we say more addicted? lol! Yourself, Joe and me.
- I also thought maybe we should put a tag on some of the pages to indicate, to the commentary team particularly, that they are incomplete or possibly inaccurate, and remove the tag once the page is finished and verified. I'm pretty sure I ballsed up on your Nijo team, for example, Chris! When you or Tom or whoever, filled in for other drivers.
- We should also note that no driver owns his article entry! Possessiveness is probably not a good idea. User pages, fine, but all the other pages belong to all of us.
- Any suggestions for layout are very welcome.
- We should also have a page somewhere where we can note changes made to templates. For example, I think Mark or someone edited a template for the drivers infobox, which broke the layout on the article about me. I changed one of the templates recently too, to include the number of podiums, though I think I fixed all the constructors' pages after that. I could protect the template pages from editing of course, and any changes could be suggested.
- We should also probably decide on what information we want in those types of templates. I don't know why Mark changed the drivers one, though I could guess he either didn't have that information or thought the infobox was too long.
- Anyway, that's all I've got by way of suggestions at the minute! We should indeed keep a work list somewhere. --Mal mckee 10:59, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- I don't mind having a go at 2009 stuff if you guys don't mind. Yes I am addicted... --Joe consiglio
- Then as far as I'm concerned, 2009 is yours, Joe! :D Are you going to tackle the SC and the SL..? --Mal mckee 11:17, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- Cool. I don't think the league was running SC that year so I reckon I only have to do SL ;) --Joe consiglio
- OK - was there a Masters..? --Mal mckee 11:25, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
- Yep, there was a Masters in 2009. I'll do what I can with that, might be a bit tricky hunting down results. --Joe consiglio
- Since I've already been working on 2010, I guess I might as well continue with those and perhaps Mal could take 2008? Chris williamson 08:48, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- Ok got the stats side of the 2010 Superleague page done now - if anyone spots errors or can help fill in the test drivers feel free to edit it. I'll work on the 2010 Supercup page next. Chris williamson 10:36, 28 May 2011 (UTC)
Page too wide
The bottom image is making the page too wide and adding a scrollbar to the bottom of the page. --Luke McKee 15:09, 25 June 2011
- We can still possibly fix this with the installation of the WikiMedia extensions. As someone who uses reasonably-sized screens and widescreens, I'd like to see the nice pictures filling the width of the frames! ;)
- Don't forget to sign your name so we know who's writing what, without having to go through the history. --Mal McKee 03:04, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
For all editors, please take a look at this category:
It's simply a root category for our projects and miscellaneous things we'll be using to help us on our way. It contains these categories.
- Category:Images project
- Category:Masters project
- Category:Supercup project
- Category:Superleague project
- Category:Tracks project
Not all of them are full yet, but I've started work on the Superleague project page, which should help us keep track of what has been done, what needs to be done, and even what needs to be improved etc. --Mal mckee 11:24, 26 May 2011 (UTC)
Just had a little look at what Mal's been working on with the 2002 Brazilian Grand Prix page and while it looks good, I can't help wondering if there's simply too much statistical detail on the page, especially considering the sheer number of these reports we have to do and the difficulty in retrieving some of this info. Chris williamson 19:38, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Think of it as a skeleton, Chris, for us to flesh out at some later date. We do actually have about 90% of the information. Later on, we can find a way of presenting unknown info, or edit tables so they don't look so messy.
- If you're talking statistical data, you should've seen the other wiki a few of us had worked on! I had pages there for actual stats, like on Wick-pedia, here and here. I actually had most of it complete before the site went tits up! Now, we are a few more years on though!!
- Don't worry about it though - the point is future expansion. Joe, yourself and a couple of others are making good headway in getting the basic information about the seasons entered. This stuff may seem like a daunting task, but it will come in time. ;) --Mal mckee 03:12, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
As far as I know, someone tried to create a GPVWC page on Wikipedia (or wickpedia to some) a few years ago, but it was removed. On reading the submitted page I can understand why. It's sort of written like a story of the GPVWC, and maybe an advertisement. And also we didn't meat their Notability levels http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:N
I'm going to start drafting a page for wikipedia taking into account their strict rules--Luke mckee 09:42, 16 November 2011 (EST)
- Bah. Wick-pedia. I'm not going to bother with it. It started out as a nice idea, but ended up as bureaucratic nonsense which still gets things wrong and is biased, despite that bureaucratic ballix. I can tell you now that they will remove the page eventually and, unless we have an actual Formula 1 driver taking part in the league, that is how it will always eventually come to be. --Mal McKee 14:23, 16 November 2011 (EST)
- Joe did well with the simulator, so I nominate him to be our representative in Formula 1. Anyone know Bernie's phone number? :D --Chris williamson 14:32, 16 November 2011 (EST)
- I'm with you on that one, Chris! lol :) --Mal McKee 14:39, 16 November 2011 (EST)
- It would be good to have your expertise with Wikipedia for writing this article. As much as you hate Wikipedia, the truth is that it would be good for advertisement of the league through search engines etc. --Luke mckee 14:56, 16 November 2011 (EST)